March 25th 2020
GCPC is not immune to the measures imposed by the government that has seen the closure this week of licensed clubs and sporting venues across Australia in response to the coronavirus pandemic. We do realise that shooting may be the only activity some members undertake.
As a licensed venue, the clubhouse will be closed until further notice and all matches and organised activities have been suspended in line with the government’s social distancing requirements.
Licensed shooters, and licensed shooters accompanied by members of their immediate families only – that is, those who live together – will have access to the ranges within certain limits.
As the entrance gate from Edmund Rice Drive will be locked, it will be necessary to phone ahead to the club on 07 55395984 to book a range and then phone again on arrival at the gate to gain access.
It will be BYO food, drinks, and ALL equipment as nothing, including club guns, will be available.
Shooters must follow the usual sign-in procedures and follow all range rules and importantly observe social distancing to avoid the spread of COVID-19. Remember that all areas of the club are monitored by CCTV and any breaches will be noted.
These arrangements will in place for the next four weeks and then reviewed unless tighter restrictions are imposed by the government as the situation continues to evolve.
For those concerned about their match participation, Weapons Licensing Branch has relaxed its requirements from 1 March to 30 June, with details of pro-rata arrangements available here: https://www.police.qld.gov.au/units/weapons-licensing Steve FloriPresidentGold Coast Pistol Club
Update 22.3.20. Whilst the committee absorbs further restrictions announced by the PM this evening there are a few things that will apply with certainty :
1. All air shed matches are suspended
2. All Range school activities are suspended
3. NRA for unlicensed shooters is suspended
4. Social distancing of 1.5 metres between members is required at all locations at the club
5. Club room gatherings are suspended (if re established with conditions you will be advised)
6. Members and visitors who are experiencing any symptoms of viral infection are NOT to attend the club
7. Members who have had direct contact with any person who is in isolation or is showing signs of viral infection are NOT to attend the club
IF you are a vulnerable person because of your health please DO NOT attend the club
More will follow once the committee determines what is required of us
NOTICE RE CLUB ATTENDANCE 19th March 2020
You are all aware of the pandemic our country is facing so let us also do our bit to ‘flatten the curve’ of new cases of COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) so our health system can cope with the outbreak.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THE CLUB IF:
1. If you are feeling unwell, are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms eg a fever, sore throat and headache or have had contact with any person with these symptoms
2. If you have recently returned to Australia from overseas in the past 14 days
3. You are a vulnerable person in that you are suffering from an immune condition or other serious health conditions. The club remains open, however, activities requiring contact closer than 1.5 metres between people i.e Unlicenced NRA shooters on Saturday on Range 7, Range school and ‘Try before you buy’ shoots have been suspended.
Thank you for your cooperation. Your wellbeing and that of your fellow club members is our priority
Steve FloriChief Range OfficerNROI Representative, Queensland